Monday, April 8, 2013

A Glimpse Inside My Head (a Scary Place to Live)

Not long ago (in response to one of my deep, philosophical musings on life that took place where all the other true intellectuals like me hang out, i.e. Facebook) a friend recommended that I start a blog. That got me thinking about all the entertaining, insightful, and downright profound things I have to say about life and how I can't imagine that they would be very interesting to anyone except me. (And I'm not even positive that I could keep my own attention for long!) But, I thought about it anyway. I do seem to have what you might call a "unique" perspective on life. (Basically that means that I think life is super funny, but mostly it seems to be the kind of funny where I'm laughing so hard I've got tears running down my face and everyone else is looking at me weird because what I'm laughing at isn't funny and doesn't make sense.) And, as I get older, I can't help but think of all the lessons I've learned from seemingly insignificant moments in life. (Like the time I started a blog and learned just how many sets of parentheses you can get away with in one paragraph before someone smacks you. Ah, good times!) All of that could possibly add up to something that is at least slightly more entertaining than trying to find shapes in the texturing on the ceiling. (Which is like looking for shapes in the clouds, but adapted for those of us too lazy to get off the couch and go outside.) So, after giving it the careful consideration due to a decision of this magnitude (I forgot for a month and then consulted a magic 8 ball) I decided, why not? I still don't think it'll be so fascinating to anyone else, but at least I'll have something to fall back on when all the ceiling shapes start to look the same. (Oh, look, another dragon pulling a Radio Flyer wagon full of penguins.) And so, I now present to you, a few of the lessons life has tried to teach me and a bunch of the lessons I decided to learn instead. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment